When it comes to protecting your personal information, what safety measures are you taking? Are you using strong passwords? Keeping your phones locked and secured? Keep suspicious emails in your junk folder? If you are, that's a great start! Here are five additional things you can do to ensure that you and your personal data are protected.
1. Apply and keep up with software updates - Companies like Apple and Microsoft are constantly sending out new updates to keep your device and information safe and secure.
2. Protect your passwords - Creating and updating passwords regularly can help keep your information and data safe. Make sure your passwords are strong, stored, and unique across all of your password protected devices.
3. Disable lock-screen notifications - By turning off your application notifications on your phone, you can keep information like social media messages and texts safe from spying eyes.
4. Lock your applications - Most applications come with a feature to lock them should your phone ever be stolen or get lost. App lockers provide you with an extra level of security and peace of mind.
5. Keep your browsing to yourself - If you are a frequent coffee shop visitor or even a frequent flyer, keep in mind that using a public WiFi network is a gateway for hackers and other individuals to steal your information. If you are going to use public WiFi, make sure to keep your information and data secure by using a VPN or Virtual Private Network.
In a world where identity theft is growing increasingly common, it is important to follow these steps to ensure your data and personal information is kept secure and safe.