There has been a noticeable shift in marketing. Brands are turning away from the traditional avenues of advertising and investing more heavily in digital. Why? Because that's where the consumers are.
That's what drove the famous footwear brand Adidas to completely restructure their marketing strategy in terms of digital spend. In a recent Google article, Empowered Mobile Consumers Led Adidas To A Cultural Revolution, the Adidas brand director discusses the three realities that drove them to make a shift.
1. The consumer is in command.
2. The consumer needs to hear a single voice.
3. The cultural shift this requires is intense.
The brand changed the way they were marketing to consumers by focusing mainly on digital marketing. They launched new mobile apps, changed their messaging, and partnered with Google to allow consumers to purchase directly from shopping ads. As a result, sales increased by 31%.
If your brand is ready to enhance its digital marketing strategy, here are three big areas to look into:
1. Search Engine Optimization (SEO): With the rise of the digital movement, it is more important than ever that consumers are able to easily find you on Google or other major search engines. Increasing your SEO rankings will ultimately drive more consumers to your website for more information on your products or services.
2. Social Media Marketing: The fact is simple: consumers are on social media! If you don't have a social media strategy in place, you could be missing out on valuable consumer connections. There are many different platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube, but choosing the right channel for your business is key!
3. Email Marketing: Relevant and creative content is a great personal touch to any digital marketing strategy. Email marketing can be used to share company updates or promote a product sale where consumers are most likely to see it -- in their inboxes! Best of all, it is a measurable way of increasing website traffic and conversions.
Digital marketing can be overwhelming, but we're here to help you build and follow a strategy that works for you. Reach out to us for more information on enhancing your digital marketing strategy!