So you've added email marketing as a part of your marketing strategy. Maybe you've been doing it for some time. While having an email strategy is a great first step, it's important to keep optimizing so that your campaigns really resonate with your target audience. Here are 5 things you should keep in mind when developing your next email marketing campaign.
1. Choose an email service. Managing an email strategy can be a lot of work. Email services like Constant Contact, MailChimp, and a number of other providers make it much easier. They give you the ability to design, schedule, and track emails that you are sending out.
2. Rethink your subject lines. As soon as your email lands in someone's inbox, it needs to grab their attention. The subject line is the perfect place to do just that. When writing your subject line, make sure it's relevant to your audience and to the email, and use actionable language.
3. Personalize your lists and emails. Peopl are much more likely to open and engage with your email when it is personalized to them. Segment out your contact list into specific groups to help you achieve personalization.
4. Don't forget a call-to-action. When you send out an email, have a goal and include call-to-actions to achieve them. Call-to-actions could be asking someone to call you, visit your website, fill out a form, or visit your social media accounts. Be sure to include the appropriate links to help people do that!
5. Add some visuals. Don't forget about this part! Communications that include visuals produce 650% higher engagement than text-only messaging? That's a huge difference! Visuals also help your audience connect with the email, remember your brand, and take an action.
Put your best foot forward with your email marketing by following these five steps. And, as always, if you need help managing your email marketing strategy, Addison Clark is here to help.