Too often, businesses rely too heavily on one aspect of marketing instead of ensuring that all the pieces are working together. A shiny new website may seem much more glamorous than the company letterhead but it’s still important that they all be cohesive.
Marketing collateral is a collection of printed materials that are used to promote your products and services. Some common types of marketing collateral include:
- Business cards
- Sales sheets
- Signs and banners
Even in an increasingly digital world, these offline tactics play an important role in marketing. In fact, studies have shown that printed marketing collateral is responsible for driving up to 70% of online traffic. That’s why it’s so important not to ignore your business’ marketing collateral. These supporting pieces can have a major impact on buying decision and brand perception when they’re presented in a cohesive way.
Here are a few stats about marketing collateral that you probably didn’t know:
- The act of physically engaging with printed materials, like brochures or rack cards, has been shown to increase information retention and consumer recall
- 56% of customers find print marketing to be the most trustworthy type of marketing
- 60% of direct mail recipients were influenced to visit a promoted website
- When making purchasing decisions, consumers trust print ads 34% more than search engine ads
- 60% of millennials clip coupons from printed marketing materials and 62% use retail collateral to compare prices.