With the announcement that Google is consolidating their ad platforms under Google Ads, it got us thinking about online advertising and its benefits and downsides.
The benefits of digital advertising:
- It is measurable. You can track clicks, time on site, etc. This is very valuable and can control where you spend your digital dollars.
- It’s easy to update and monitor. With those measurable results? you can easily make tweaks to your digital ads. You can update artwork, URLs and more in a quick turnaround.
- The audience is huge. With more than 3 billion people using the internet, your ad has a high chance of reaching your target audience.
The downsides of digital advertising:
- Everyone is doing it. The competition is huge on the internet, which can lead to higher CPC.
- The options are endless. When and where you advertise is a tough choice.
- The audience is huge. While this can be an advantage, it is also a burden. Making sure that you get the correct eyes on your ads can be a challenge.
If you still have questions about digital advertising, give us call!