Pay-per-click advertising, also known as PPC, is popular among small businesses who want to increase their brand awareness and sales. There are many advantages, as well as some disadvantages when it comes to PPC. The most important thing is to make sure you have the time and resources to dedicate to a PPC strategy in order for it to be effective.
The advantages of PPC include:
- Cost-effectiveness. With PPC, you are able to cap the bids on your ads, meaning you can decide what you want to spend each month based on the number of people you would like to reach.
- Targeting. You are able to target your audience according to things like location, language, etc.
- Measuring. With PPC, you have great insight into how well your ads are performing and can track metrics over time through Google Ads.
- Results. PPC is known for fast results and you're likely to see a difference almost immediately.
The disadvantages of PPC include:
- Time investment. A successful PPC campaign requires a lot of time and patience to get up and running, and then even more time spent tracking and analyzing the data.
- Required skills. If you've never looked inside Google Ads before, you may be a little overwhelmed with the amount of information available. An agency can help apply best practices and make your campaign run more efficiently.
When it comes to PPC, the advantages definitely outweigh the disadvantages. It is a great way to get your business noticed in a place where over 93% of online users spend time — a search engine! If you are looking to give your ads a kick-start and begin boosting and tracking your campaign, give us a call today!