Got a minute? Check out our quick update on what's happening in the industry.
LinkedIn announced that users will soon be able to add multiple photos to a post. This feature is currently only available on the IOS app, but is coming soon to Android and desktop.
- We believe this will add more value to LinkedIn posts, especially on Company Pages.
- Just like on Facebook, multiple photos will make posts more interesting and aesthetically pleasing.
The ever-changing Google has gone and updated its interface for AdWords. It looks like a hybrid between the old AdWords and Google Trends.
- The new interface is sleek and much easier to manage since the Overview page gives great information right off the bat.
- As with all change, the biggest challenge will be getting used to the new navigation.
In this mobile world, a mobile-friendly website is essential. Facebook is now taking that into account for posts with links. If a post is linked to a website with a slow mobile response time, Facebook's new algorithm will not favor that post in newsfeeds.
- This move makes a ton of sense. Why would someone on their mobile device (over a billion people a day) want to click on a link that won't load on their phone? Answer: they don't!
- This is just another mega-platform driving home the fact that mobile-friendly websites are a must in today's mobile-first world.