Got a minute? Check out our quick update on what is happening in the industry.
If we sound like a broken record, it’s because LinkedIn continues to make changes every week. This week, they've added background and profile image edits to the list. LinkedIn now offers crop, filter, and adjustment options to individual users.
- The background image has been bothering us with the grayed-out tone, but we used the illuminate filter to brighten it up.
- We like this change, but now we want it for the business pages as well!
YouTube now allows you to schedule a publish date and time for your videos. You can do this for videos you are uploading.
- What took so long YouTube?
- This is awesome! We utilize the scheduling feature on other social platforms and this makes a ton of sense to us.
Did you notice the subtle change on Facebook this week? The icons associated with “like”, “comment”and “share” look a little different. They are now a simple gray outline.
- Instagram anyone? It’s no surprise that Facebook would align its icon looks with those on Insta, since they are under the same ownership.
- It’s a small change, but I think this caters to the younger generation. More of them use Instagram, but getting Facebook to start to mirror that look may pull them over to this platform. (In case you missed it, in last week’s Marketing Minute, we discussed how the younger generation is NOT using the social media giant.)