YouTube is a social media platform that is designed for viewing video content. It essentially acts as a search engine, like Google, for videos and is the third most visited website worldwide! With the explosion of online video, YouTube provides a way for you to offer timely video content to your audience, as well as reach new potential customers. While you've most likely used YouTube in your everyday life, there are ways you can turn the platform into an asset for your business as well. Every business can benefit differently from having a YouTube channel and keeping it up-to-date, but here are a few of the main benefits:
1. SEO — A YouTube channel can boost your business' SEO. Due to Google Universal Search, videos are often included in search results in order to provide people with the most useful information. Google has shown they favor video content by including more and more videos in their search results. You can take advantage of this by including the most relevant keywords and phrases when uploading your videos to YouTube. Also, consider the type of information people are searching for. If there's a commonly asked question you receive from customers often, then think about creating a video to answer that. Users online may be searching for that same answer!
2. Connection — Videos give your business a voice and a face that your customers can connect with. People buy from those they trust and it's much easier to trust someone that you can see and relate to. Research has shown a dramatic increase in leads and sales on websites that feature a video of a person speaking about the product or service. These types of videos will perform well on your website and on YouTube.
3. Sales — When you use videos to showcase your products and services, it can generate more sales for your business. According to one study, videos can increase conversion rates by up to 80%. There are numerous ways that you can showcase your product or service through the use of video and then market those videos on YouTube!
4. Added Value — You don't have to create a movie-length video to add value to your customers' lives. Short, concise videos that deliver useful information, educate your audience or show how to do something are all great ways to add value.
5. Customer Service — While there's no replacement for great customer service, videos on YouTube can help improve your customer service approach. Explaining product features, answering FAQs, and showcasing features and benefits are all types of video content that can ultimately answer your customers' questions and provide the service they need.
Overall, adding a YouTube account to your marketing suite is a great way to generate more business, retain current customers, and increase sales. If you're interested in learning more about how YouTube can benefit you, give us a call today!